Supplies:-Clear cups or containers
-Spoons
-Vinegar
-Food coloring
-Baking soda
-Tray or baking sheet (to contain mess)
Directions:
First you'll want to make sure your kids are occupied while you prepare this first part (that way it's 'magical' for them). And make sure they have on an old shirt due to the food coloring which stains...
Then take your spoons (the # is up to you) and place a couple drops of food coloring on each (picture above)
.
Next, fill the spoon with baking soda, and make sure the food coloring is hidden.
Fill the same number of cups with vinegar, and for easy clean up, make sure you place the cups on a baking sheet (I ran out of clear vinegar so I had to use apple cider. It worked fine but use the clear kind if you have it on hand).
Then have the kids choose a spoon and stirred it inside a cup.
For this first one, Jake was so amazed by the fizz that he didn't stir in all the baking soda ;)
The kids had so much fun that I might have to stock up on vinegar and baking soda. This is one activity they'll be asking to do over and over again! Enjoy :)



2 comments:
FUN!!! I was going to do a craft with them this week but I may just have to work this into the mix too!
And oh my did Lauren lose her teeth already??
FUN!!! I was going to do a craft with them this week but I may just have to work this into the mix too!
And oh my did Lauren lose her teeth already??
Post a Comment