A few months ago I noticed that Lauren's two front teeth looked a little darker than normal. I went into panic mode, assuming that she had two cavities and wasn't brushing well enough. That turned in to thinking that somehow this was all of my fault and that she would be ruined for the rest of her life, haha.
Days later, while we were waiting for her dental appt., she began complaining that one of those tooth hurt, esp. when she ate anything hot or cold.
Long story short, the dentist took Xrays and told us that the nerves in both teeth were damaged; one was dead and the other was on it's way to dying. Both Lauren and I remember when it happened; it was about a year ago when she fell off her bed and hit her chin on her bed. Sure enough, she has a scar in her gums and now broken nerves to prove it. Anyway, the pediatric dentist recommended pulling them, esp. since they were going to fall out soon to make room for her adult teeth. .
I'll admit, I stressed out about it way more than I should have. but we decided to go ahead and pull them given all of the side effects of leaving them in. I'm so thankful we did!
Knowing what a freak I am about the dentist, my sweet husband offered to take Lauren and I was alllllll for that. They gave her laughing gas, a Novocaine injection (which she didn't even feel thanks to the gas) and literally within 10 seconds, both teeth were out. No crying, no tears, no complaints.... nothing. My girl did amazing, waaaay better than her mama would have :)
I love the way Lauren looks now, and she fits in with alot of 5 and 6 years olds now but WOW, she looks so grown up now ;)
So proud of you being brave, sweet girl.



0 comments:
Post a Comment