Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quin


Back when I was a Vet tech at NVC (some 11 years ago), someone brought in a cute little Boxer pup that they could no longer keep. I jumped at the chance to take him, and I am so thankful I did. He's been an amazing dog for all of these years.


He was with me when I went to college, when I moved to Virginia, when I came back home, when I began dating Justin, and when I married him. He was my baby, truly.



He was never the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he was a good boy; loving, patient and incredibly playful:



When we had Lauren, he loved her and wanted to be with her alot.


Unfortunately, an 85 lb. Boxer with tons of energy and a baby don't mix well so he went to be spoiled at my mom's house. He lived with her until about 4 months ago when he got to be an old man and settled down. Then he came back here where he was loved and adored and dotted on by two little kids, one in particular:

 














Unfortunately, our Quin developed a large cancerous mass on his front leg, which became quite painful. In the end, we decided that we didn't want to prolong his life, just make it as wonderful as possible until the time came where he was no longer comfortable. The time came and we had to make that awful decision.

Lauren is understandably taking it harder than all of us, myself included (and I ADORED and LOVED him). Please, would you say a prayer for our girl? She could use all of the prayers we have.


Quinny, until we meet again in Heaven, we love you...

0 comments: