
Still had the same three goals:
1) That I would finish
2) That I would run the entire thing
3) That I wouldn't be last.
and I did all three. However halfway through the first mile, my right hip began to hurt. By the second mile, I was in alot of pain. And by the 2 1/2 mile mark, I was limp-running, because of my dumb second promise. By the end of the 5k, I seriously felt like I was in my seventies, complaining of hip pain and contemplating a cane.
Nonetheless, I finished the darn thing. My last time was 33:17 and this one was 33:31Not really happy about that but I'll attribute it to the geriatric-impersonating hip of mine.
I have another 5k this Sunday that both the Hubster and I will be running. Here's to hoping my time improves and that my hip doesn't come out of it's socket.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Second 5K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Great job, Shelly! Geriatric hip and all :).
Post a Comment