Thursday, April 16, 2009

Best Friends and more Laurenisms



We officially said goodbye to Lauren's pacifier, or Best Friend as we lovingly referred to it as. It has taken us 4 days to get here. Four grueling days filled with tears, angst, tantrums, and little sleep for everyone in the house. Why you ask?? Because for the first 2 days, she screamed during nap and bedtime, keeping Moosey Man up with her. Whew, those were some rough days. I was looking into nearby orphanages.


But the past 2 days have been 100% better. In fact, Miss Piddle Pot proudly announces to anyone that will listen that she gave her "bes fwiends to babies" and that the babies are "happy now". This was the Hubsters idea to give 'em to the babies, and we went with it. We told Lauren that she was a big girl now and that only babies need BF's. So we found a box and searched the house high and low, looking for BF's to give the babies. She would find one and happily toss it in the box and then search some more. When she was satisfied that all the BF's were gone, she and daddy taped the box up and went to the mailbox where they "mailed them to the babies". That was the last time she has had one, 5 days ago.


It's an end of an era. No more BF's. I never thought I'd be able to say that but I am so glad I am :)


As for the Laurenisms, here goes...


WARNING though: TMI, esp. if your eating. And if you're eating, stop. Really, stop. Okay, I warned ya:

Yesterday Lauren went to the bathroom with me. She's fascinated with watching us pee, so we ususally take her in with us and expose her to potty training in the process. So I'm sittin' on the pot and this is what took place:

Lauren: "Mommy pooped".
Mommy: "Yep. How'd you know?"
Lauren: "Is stinky in here"

Greaaat. Moments later:

Lauren: "Plant is stinky" (there is a fake plant sitting behind the toilet).
Mommy: "Why is the plant stinky?"
Lauren: "Mommy pooped".

Even better, thanks Lauren.

So I finish up, carry her in my arms and we're walking out of the bathroom. She leans around pats my back and says

"Yay Mommy, goo' job!"

Ha! Even adults gets praise when they poop in this house.

0 comments: