Monday, January 21, 2013

Puffy paint

This craft was FUN. Messy but fun :)

We started with one cup of flour and mixed in 3 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and enough water to make it the consistency of pancake batter. 



Then we divided our mix into four parts and put them into Ziploc baggies along with some food coloring. Part of the fun was squishing it all around to mix up the colors!


We ended up with a nice selection if I do say so myself :)


Then, we painted away! I made a flower painting, the big kids made 'abstract art' and Megan did some watercolors (due to the food coloring):  


When we were finished, we popped them into the microwave for 30-45 seconds and watched the paint puff up and grow - such fun!


I loved that it was completely dry out of the microwave so we didn't have to worry about any extra messes or accidents as our pile of paintings grew.





0 comments: