Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter bunny socks!

Alright, you all know I'm not a huge fan of the Easter bunny in general but when I saw this craft here, I knew we had to do it! And I'm glad I did because they came out super cute :)

Materials:
  • Spoon or funnel
  • Dried lentils (we used rice)
  • Child's sock
  • Rubber band
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Felt
  • Googly eyes (or you can use felt)
  • White pom-pom or cotton ball
  • Tacky glue (I used the hot glue gun)
Instructions:
1. To make your own bunny beanbag, use a spoon or a funnel to add dried lentils/rice to a child's sock, filling it up just past the heel. Close the sock with a tightly looped rubber band.
2. To create the head and neck, tie a ribbon around the sock just below the heel.
    3. Use scissors to cut the sock's cuff into two ears, rounding the edges to give them the right shape.  
4. Cut a nose, teeth, and eyes from felt. Attach the facial features and a white pom-pom or cotton ball tail with tacky glue (or a glue gun).

5. Enjoy your cute Easter bunny :)


0 comments: