Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sweet words

I started this blog a couple months ago with the hopes that our friends and family would be able to check it out and find out the latest news with our family. And I am happy to say that the plan worked! In addition to our moms, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who visit it, Justin's Grandma Lee frequents it and often writes to me regarding info she's seen. Among other things, she wrote :"Hey Shelly, when I read your blog, it is so amazing. It makes me so happy to know you guys are so in love. It is really quite rare today. I wish I would have been fortunate enough to have a family like yours." Wow! What a compliment!

And her words ring true. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve such an amazing husband. I see and hear friends of mine bicker and argue and fight over the silliest crap and it reminds me of the days when that's all the Ex and I did...talk about draining. But with Justin, there's just a sense of peace....I don't worry about the little things anymore. I am just happy to "be", which is a feeling quite foreign to me until we met.

I am in love. I love our life; our marriage, our beautiful baby girl, our families, our home, our hobbies, etc...I have said it before and I'll say it again...I am so fortunate. Life is good.

Here's a picture of me and the Lovah waaaay back when, just because I'm feeling rather mushy tonight:



0 comments: