Sunday, October 14, 2007

Saturday trip to Oak Glen!



After battling with this stupid stone for quite some time now, the Hubster and I hitched up our ride and headed South...well, to Oak Glen :) Bet you thought we headed somewhere fancy, huh?

Okay, so it wasn't the Four Seasons or anything, but we had a really nice time. We brought Annie Banani's stroller, her bursting-at-the-seams Bjorn, and the Princess herself. We bundled her up in her stroller and checked out all of the local-yokel shops in the area. The weather was cold, which should have hindered the trip but with all of this hot weather we have been experiencing, we were looking forward to freezing our arse's off...and that we did!

I wish I had taken a few pictures of the whole pie to show you all but they had the most fantastic French Apple Pies. And apparently everyone and their mama's agreed because we had to wait in line for about 20 minutes to get our iced little hands on one of them. But alas, the delish pie was ours and we ended the day shortly thereafter because we were overwhelmed by the scent of warm apple pie (and mounds of sugar and cinnamon, which Justin insists is the only reason to eat a slice). So this pie has been devoured by my husband but if you use your imagination, you can see what a beautiful pie it started out as:


Anyways, we had a fantastic time. I don't think my jeans did though, because I managed to inhale a Bavarian Cream Empanada, warm delicious Cider and a slice of Apple Pie that day (with Ice cream!), but hey, by the time I'm skinny, fat will be in...well,at least that's what I tell myself ;)

Here's my Miss Fancy Pants and I:


The Princess and her daddy:



The Brown fam:


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! You have a beautiful family.