Saturday, October 6, 2007

Poor Justin

How much bad luck can one person have? I can assure my husband has had it all! Tonight was race night and once again, his car broke. This is the 10th time that something has happened to car, preventing from finishing the race. In fact, he's finished twice this year. Between the radiator, axle's, tires, starter and other car crap, he has nothing but bad luck. Well tonight, as usual, someone lost control of their car and plowed right into him, breaking the axle and leaving his tire hanging. And because he had minimal time to fix everything before the main event started, he had to sit it out, once again, and watch as his competitors have a blast.

I'm not one who believes in curses, witches, ghosts and goblins, but I am seriously thinking that Justin's car is cursed. I mean, something happens to that freakin' car every single time he races! And if you know Justin, you know he's very mechanical and works on his car a lot to make it perfect. He's good at fixing and adjusting things on the stupid race car, which is why I feel for him.

So he came up into the stands after the accident and I could tell how upset he was. He sat down and said "I just wanna finish a race. I don't even care about winning anymore". Ugh! Man, if there was anything I could do to take away his sadness and frustration, I would in a heartbeat. So I suggested that maybe we get him another car and sell the hunk of junk. But apparently, buying another car that doesn't have problems costs about $4000.00. And because of my recent medical bills, we simply can't afford another one right now. So, if you happen to feel generous and would like to donate money to a good cause, I'd be happy to give you our address ;)

So, to cheer Justin up a bit, I came home before the races ended, made this sign and hung it on the door before he came in:



My hope is that it brightened his day...at least a little.

On a side note, Miss Annie wore her cute little hat today:

It was so cold this morning and besides, I had to buy the hat because she needed one! Oh, and every girl needs matching boots, right???

Hmmm, perhaps I should lay off buying all things pink and girly so that my sweet husband can get a new race car....Nahhhhhhh :)

0 comments: