I found this idea on... you guessed it, Pinterest! and decided to share it since it was LOTS.OF.FUN!
First I got three bars of soap and grated them (Jake helped me a little bit when the bars were whole and there was no chance of hurting himself).
Three bars of shredded soap looks very similar to shredded cheese... it smelled awesome but it didn't taste so hot (just ask Megan!):
After the soap was shredded, we got a roll of toilet paper and painstakingly shredded it into tiny little pieces.
Twenty hours later, we had a bowl of shredded toilet paper.
This is where the fun began people!
We added the soap to the toilet paper,
and then added some very warm water to it (to melt the soap),
Jake and Megan had a wonderful time mixing it, measuring it, rolling it, squishing it...
Seriously, I gave them some utensils and they were good for an hour of so :)
I'll be honest... it was messy. And time consuming. But TOTALLY worth it... it was an awesome sensory learning experience for them and maybe, just maybe, I'll attempt it again :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment