Monday, April 22, 2013

PreK and Kinder cooking; Yam dip and butterflies

The preschoolers were working on the letters X, Y and Z last week which was awesome because there are sooo many kid friendly ingredients that start with those letters. Not.
 
So, I got creative and made my own "Yam dip' recipe:
 
First we cut up some soft yams (already cooked and skin removed), a dash of almond milk, a squirt of honey, a tsp. of canned pumpkin and a shake of Pumpkin Pie spice:
 
They added all of those ingredients to their cups and mixed it until their little hearts were content. When they were though, they got as graham cracker square and dipped 'em :)
 



 
Tasty and I got them to eat a rare veggie :)
 
Then I headed over to the Kinder class where they were learning about Butterflies. So using a couple apple slices, a carrot, pretzel sicks and raisins, they crated their own butterflies.


I love watching how their little minds work and how each child creates something different each time!


Next week, I'm going to have them create a different butterfly. I'm not sure if these cooking lessons are more for their learning skills or my enjoyment :)

0 comments: