Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween treats!


Lauren and I made cupcakes today for a Halloween shindig we're attending tomorrow. The plan was to make enough cupcakes for the party, as well as some for the Hubsters work. In total, we made 70 cupcakes and by the 50th cupcake, I was praying I'd never have to see another baked good as long as I live. What began as the sweet smell of baking cupcakes turned into a nauseating aroma that infiltrated the house. It was sugar overload. Add to that the frosting and the decorating, and I was officially over cupcake making.


They're not nearly as spooky and ghoulish as I intended them to be, but with a two year old helping, happy faces kind of go with the territory :)

But on top of being cute, they tasted pretty good, as you can tell below:


Tomorrow will be a fun day! I'll post pics of our lil' goblins in costumes!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, you even put faces on them. They look good, great job!

Top Notch Tami said...

These cupcakes are sooooo friggin' cute & absolutely yummy too!! Each & every one is decorated soooooo cute!! Thank you Shelly for always thinking of us!! We love you!!