Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine's Day heart garland

I love a festive house in preparation for an upcoming holiday. And I hate 1) spending a lot of money on things that I only use for couple weeks out of the year and 2) on generic store bought items with little sentimental value, so we tend to make lots of homemade items around here :)
 
So with some coordinating Valentine's Day colors, I traced some hearts on some cardstock and had the kiddos cut them out. Actually, Jake cut them out while Lauren made and cut out her own hearts... no surpsie there ;) 
 


 

Once we had about 30-40 hearts cut out, I got a needle and then threaded the hearts onto a piece of thread.

We hung them up on the mantle and now we have some sweet Valentines Day decor,



with some reminders that little hands helped ;)


0 comments: