Monday morning we woke up with no plans, which is rare for us lately. So I asked the kids what they wanted to do today and they chose to go to the duck park, so off we went!
First things first, we fed the ducks. Actually, the ducks didn't get very much because the geese were ALL over the place! So we ended up feeding them leftover hamburger buns and sourdough bread.
The kids even let them take bread out of their hands..
After about 10 minutes of being there, it became uncomfortably hot. So, I let the kids play in the pond with the other kids that happened to be there too. To be honest, it weirded me out a bit but I figured that 1) kids just wanna be kids and have fun and 2) we can shower as soon as we got home. So, I bit my lip and let them have a grand ole' time in the water.
And to be honest, I'm glad I did. It was a fun summer memory for my kiddos :)
And then of course, we had a picnic lunch ;)
Another activity to check off our summer list!



0 comments:
Post a Comment