Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Fun; Custards and flowers!


Custards and flowers... how's that for a combo? :)

Really though, we continued our summer fun tonight by enjoying two of the things we wrote on our summer list. First up, we went to Freddies Steakburgers and Custard after dinner for some super yummy custard treats:





Then we came home and went on a family walk/bike ride, where the purpose was to find 10 different kinds of flowers (again, something on our list).


Miss Meg wasn't sure about the whole idea,


until I smooched her until she cheered up:


The plan was to collect 10 different kinds of flowers. Turns out, there was a flaw with this idea. Because we're in the High Desert where NOTHING grows except tumble weeds and cactus, if you want flowers, you actually have to grow them in your yard. So, we modified our plans and instead of picking wild ones (which don't exist), we "eye spied" flowers and took pictures with them.







And then, we came home where I got some snuggle and play time in with my littlest love:





So I hate the summer heat, but boy do I love me some summer activities ;)

0 comments: