The Brownies and I, along with Colleen and Ben, Heidi and Blake and Sarah and Grace, headed to a local park/lake we have across town. It's a really nice area, complete with geese, water streams and a playground.
Plus, it's shaded so I don't end up extra-crispy again.
The minute we stepped outta the car, Lauren began chanting "see da ducks!, see da ducks!". So with our duck food in hand, we went to see them first...
Lauren was in love, wanting to feed every single duck there. She also wanted to pet them, but I don't find that unusual at all, seeing as how her momma did too :)
She found a good "duck feeding spot" and began throwing pieces loaves of bread into the water:
but once the 2 geese in front of us started honking to their familia, we were very quickly bombarded with flocks ducks and geese.
Seriously, they swarmed us, not taking "I don't have anymore" for an answer.
Once my left eye was pecked out by the pushy, demanding Geese, we headed over the playground where it was much safer.
Lauren spent her time sliding down the slides (feet first because she's chicken tricky like that),
climbing the stairs 951 times...
and playing with her friends:
Jacob, on the other hand,
split his time between two tasks; getting dirty in the wood chips,
and having a love affair with his fingers:
I know, you give the boy a park and he'd still rather be alone with his fingers ;)
When the playin' was completed, the girls hugged it out and called it a day.
What a fun day. So fun, in fact, that we're going on a three hour nap for both kids. I'm thinkin' this park may be a summertime staple ;)
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Park/Lake day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hey girlie!! Where is this beautiful park? Looks like the perfect place for a summertime picnic.
Post a Comment