Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day with TWO!


Well, technically I had two last year, but one was in close confines, pummeling and kicking my stomach. Come to think of it, not much has changed...

My Mothers Day has been a wonderful day thus far. Jacob didn't get the memo that it was Mother's Day, and woke us bright and early at 5:45 am. So sweet of him. But the Hubster and I took advantage of the moment and talked and spooned until the other Brownie woke up too.

After some breakfast, Lauren asked to snuggle with me. This never, ever happens as she is so dang busy these days. But she did, probably with a little coaching from daddy in the adjacent room, so I took full advantage of it:


until she began squirming and rolling and playing Pat-a-cake with my face. Fun.

In the midst of the thrashing snuggling she was giving me, out walks the Hubster with a bag. A very unusual bag. A bag so rare that I've only seen it in commercials, never in the Brown home. It came from a Jeweler. Yep, my husband who has been known to tape the soles of his shoe back on, bought me something from a Jeweler. A Jeweler that he doesn't do work for and therefore wouldn't get a discount. Seriously, I musta been a good wife lately, eh?

I open it up and almost cried. Actually, I lied, I did cry. And it wasn't because Miss BusyBody continued to wallop on me. This necklace was so stinkin' pretty and thoughtful. It has a diamond in the center and both kids Birthstones surrounding it.


Plus, the card the Hubster gave me was really touching. If you know Justin, you get that he's not a really sentimental kind of guy. Sure, he melts when Lauren says "I wuv you daddy" and he'll say some pretty mushy things to me when nobody is within an earshot of hearing him, but he's always been sort of sentimentally-challenged. But today was different. Today he gave me a card telling me everything I wanted to hear. It was awesome. Could it be that he really, truly appreciates all I do now since having a whole day last week to care for both kids allll day long?? I think he gets it. Hmm....

The rest of the day has been filled with church, some La Casita grub, and some playing in the backyard with the Brownies. After a family nap, (yes Jacob, that includes you), we'll be heading to the pet store to pick out a fish. Lets hope that they have "pink fishies" because otherwise someone in our family may be having a toddler tantrum right there in the aquatic isle of PetsMart.

And after PetsMart, we'll head to Nuby. It's Mothers Day and I can cry eat if I want to.

1 comments:

Richard and Sarah said...

three things:

1. the necklace is gorgeous! good job justin.

2. i know the real story behind what he's thankful for... :)

3. you need to work on your temper control if you're going to throw a fit because you can't get a fish in the right color. come on shelly. we're big girls now.