Monday, May 11, 2009

Bravery at it's finest

I wrote about the Hubster's cheapness frugality in the last post. I bet you thought I was joking. I wasn't. The good thing about this is that I don't worry about money. Or retirement. Or worry when the phone rings that it's be a bill collector. Nope, the Hubster is a planner and saver, which can be annoying at times, but in all honesty, I secretly like it. There's something very reassuring about being "fiscally fit".

And when the economy tanked, we I got serious and started not only watching what I spent, but re-evaluating some of our monthly expenses. First to go was a weekend meal out. We would routinely go out after church and spend $20 on our family ($80 monthly). Nowadays, we come home and eat and play until naptime. We also switched from Jose the gardener to Justin the gardener. He saves us $80 plus he's cute and available :) After nixing the gardener, we cancelled the cable. This took some time before we actually pulled the plug. But a month into no TV, and we're lovin' every minute of it. We've found some fun alternatives to watching the tube, and lets just say we're not pregnant nor are planning to be :)

So we've been saving a total of $280 for the past couple months and it's become addicting to see what we can save next. With no TV around, you learn to get creative :) The newest money saving task we're doing is where the title for this post comes into play.

I've never cut hair. I used to shave dogs and cats when I was a tech, but somehow that wasn't very reassuring to the Hubster. But the thought of saving an extra $40 a month was enough to convince him to let me cut his hair.


So I pulled out the new clippers and went to work figuring out which was right side up. This made the Hubster second guess his decision:


Then I pulled out the fancy drape. He wasn't buying my attempt to be professional.


Half way through the cutting with an occasional "Ooops!" and "Crap!" muttered from yours truly, he put on his glasses to get a better look.


Lucky for me, his vision isn't perfect :)


After about 30 minutes of shaving, cutting and blending, my husbands' masterpiece of a scalp was complete:


Not too shabby if I do say so myself. Another $20 saved. Score!


Thanks for being a good sport about this babe. I love you, hot stuff :)

0 comments: