Monday, September 24, 2007

Update

I haven't been able to blog in quite a while because I have been very sick. Here's an update:

I was hospitalized about 11 day ago after I was admitted for severe side pain. After ct scans, pyelograms, dye x-rays, mri's, you name it, it was discovered that I have an abscessed left kidney. The reason it got abscessed was because there is a 5mm stone that is lodged there. In addition to the stone, I developed Sepsis, which had me literally on death's door (temp spiked to 103 and blood pressure dropped to 69/45 at one point). And to make matters worse, I was told I'm in the beginning stages of renal failure until the Sepsis, abscess and stone are gone. They anesthetized me on Friday to place a stint to relive the pressure but the stone was so large that they were unable to.

I am on some VERY VERY heavy pain meds and antibiotics, which unfortunately only dull the pain. I go in on Wed. to have surgery to blast the stone up into little pieces (Lithotripsy). Until then, I am taking it day by day.

Annie is doing great. Justin, my mom and Aunt Judith/Uncle Brad have all taken off work so that they can give her the care I would have. I honestly don't know what we would have done without the support of our extended family. Words will never be enough to thank them for taking weeks off to care for our daughter when I was hospitalized and Justin was in the hospital with me.

I will update more later...until then, please keep me and my kidney in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your illness. You are so lucky to have a great support system in the fam. I love you sholl and you will be in my thoughts all day today and everyday until I hear that you are 100% back to normal with Annie Banani. I love ya.

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU SHELLY...I KNOW WHAT YOURE GOING THROUGH I HAD MY GALL BLADDER REMVED IN MARCH. IT WAS 20 TIMES WORSE THEN CHILD BIRTH AND I WAS SOOOO SICK. YOULL GET THROUGH IT. PRAYING 4 YOU ....ELSA