Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Today is the day!



It's 7:35 am right now and I slept surprisingly well last night...considering that today is surgery day. But sometime around 5 am, Miss Fancy Pants decided it was time to play so thankfully my mom got up and joined her while Justin and I slept in....err, he slept in while I began to worry. I've never been one to get freaked out over surgeries, medical procedures, needles, etc...In fact, I like that stuff! Even when I was a kid, I was fascinated with the human body and the way it works...I remember trying to draw my own blood one day at a veterinary hospital I worked at because I was anxious to learn how to draw blood....yes, even if it was my own! I know, I'm a freak.

So this worrying that I've been doing the past couple days or so is just foreign to me. I know everything will be okay. And although I'm going under general anesthesia, I am confident that I will do just fine, as have millions of other patients that have undergone this procedure. I guess it's just that I have a daughter that I can't fathom not being here for. I thought about her every.single.second I was in the hospital and began begging to go home, despite the pain and symptoms that were still present. Sure, my mom and Aunt Judith were sweet enough to bring her for visits once I got outta the ICU, but being there, holding her, cuddling her, feeding her...it just wasn't the same. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I love Annie so much that when I think about how much this little girl means to us, it physically makes me ill. And I mentioned it to a few mommy friends last night (the loving so much it makes you sick thang) and I was unanimously told that all mommies feel this way. Whew...I was beginning to think I was even more of a freak ;)

So Justin and I went to the Urologist yesterday to make sure everything was set for today and my temp, blood pressure and vitals are normal!!! In addition, I have been very consistent on taking my medications so I have had minimal pain since the first day I got home and wanted to lop off the lower part of my body. I have completely given up Coke and have been drinking water like it's going outta style (thanks Laura!) And although I am kinda nervous, I am actually excited about the surgery today because I know it's the last step before I get back to normal!

Okay, but one little rant: While at the hospital today giving blood for my pre-op, the nurse asks how I am and I tell her I'm worried because it''s called "shock wave" therapy and the name freaks me out. She has the cajones to say "oh, don't worry about the name- I heard that it feels like you've been hit by a Mac truck"....What the Hell??? Who says this to someone who is already paranoid? Thanks Nurse Hatchet, that makes me feel 100% better.

Anyways, my spirits are high and I am ready to be back to normal. As much as I appreciate my mom's help, I want my little family back to normal again. Us three waking up together, sweet Naners smiles when she sees us, Banana breakfasts, mommy and me groups, walks around the neighborhood, making dinner and setting down to eat it as a famalia, etc...I just wanna be back to normal!!

Anyways, the Lithotripsy surgery is at 12 pm today. Please keep me and my broken, dilapidated kidney in your thoughts and prayers :)

Oh, and here's a few pictures of the World's cutest Naners taking a bath (please look past the red-bump-on-the-head-attempting-to-crawl-catastrophe):


0 comments: