
So, surgery is over and I'm at home recuperating....rather, I'm up and awake from the pain so I'm blogging 'cause this somehow relaxes me. Surgery was at 4 pm and after 3 hours at the hospital, I was released. The stone was blasted into a million little pieces and I am happy to report that I no longer have an abscessed kidney, Sepsis or Renal Failure! Hooray! I was told to go home, take it easy and eat in a few hours...yeah, that would be fine and dandy but I wasn't allowed to eat anything since 5 am, so I was beyond starved! And being the rebel that I am (or rather the piggy that I am!), we ate Outback shortly afterwards :)
Speaking of eating though, after spending 9 days in the hospital a couple weeks ago, I was mortified when I got home and weighed myself. Ugh is all I gotta say! I couldn't understand the weight gain though, because I was soooo freakin' nauseous that I literally didn't eat a single thing for 5 days. And the fact the hospitals serve meals that resemble dog food didn't help either. Finally, I was put on a liquid diet of Jello and Popsicles, which I was happily able to hold down. Anyways, I re-weighed myself today and I am thrilled to report that not only did I lose that "water weight" I'd gained (from the 900,000 liters they pumped me full of!), I am at an ALL TIME low! Now, it's still about 20 heavier than where I wanna be but it's awesome to pull up my pants without having to unbutton or zip them! I'll continue to lose but I'm sticking with the "slow and steady" mantra so that I don't get discouraged and quit after not losing the remaining pounds in a matter of days (yes, I'm that impatient!)
I have so much to blog about...Annie has grown leaps and bounds and I am dying to share her accomplishments with all of you! Today will be a busy day, as we are going to Uncle Brad and Aunt Judith's because I have been told they are having Annie withdrawals and need their "fix". So I will hand the busybody over to the adoring family to be lavished in affection while I get some much needed rest.
So, I'm doing great and just wanted to update my friends so that if you call today and I'm not answering, it's that I'm gone and NOT avoiding you all. Love ya girls!
Friday, September 28, 2007
No Longer "Stoned"...
Posted by Shell at 9/28/2007
Labels: Sickness, weight loss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I'm glad that it's finally over for you and now you can get back to your normal day to day with that little cutie pie of yours. I can't believe she's already 6 months old! It seems like just yesterday you sent the birth announcement. Well, I just wanted to check in and see how things went.
Post a Comment