
What a cute newborn she was!
She had the cutest little button nose, a patch of dark brown hair and perfect pink lips that begged to be smooched. She was snuggly and cuddly and smelt like a baby...sweet and clean. She was so beautiful and perfect in every way (okay, almost). The problem with newborns though, is that they DON'T SLEEP at night! Argh, I remember getting up a million times a night to feed, soothe, feed, console, feed, rock, feed, replace her best friend (pacifier), feed, change her diaper, and yes, feed some more. I think I was awake more than I was sleeping. Boy I don't miss those sleepless nights.
My little Lauren now is no longer a newborn. She sits unassisted, crawls very fast, pulls herself up, babbles, eats finger foods, and entertains herself while mommy takes a shower. She is loads of fun and keeps me on my toes. The problems with infants though, is that 1) they are no longer interested in cuddling because they'd rather explore forbidden spots and 2) they are into everything. The dog bed is apparently tasty because she immediately eats it, the toilet bowl scrubber is prickly and fun to touch (yuck), and the door stoppers are beyond fascinating. You think you've baby-proofed your house and yet, she manages to find the one thing I've overlooked. However, unlike sweet cuddly newborns, infants SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT!
Uh huh. All night long. I am knocking on wood as I'm typing this, but my Princess Piddle Pot slept 10 (yes, ten!) whole hours for the past three nights. Now normally I would have blogged about it the first night it happened but I was terrified of jinxing myself and ending up with an infant that wakes 4+ times per night, so I've kept my trap shut...until now. Let me repeat myself because this my friends, is reason to celebrate! Lauren slept for 10 hours last night, and the night before and the night before. Ten blissful hours of non-interrupted, happily dreaming sleep. If that's not Heaven, I don't know what is.
Alright, I have to stop short and quit bragging. As I sit here and type, my fantastic 10 hour sleeper is frantically crawling to the trash can to locate any treasures mommy didn't sweep up. Fun!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Posted by Shell at 11/14/2007
Labels: Lauren
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment