Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Happy 7th Anniversary my love!

Dear babe,

Happy Anniversary!

To say that I love you doesn't really begin to explain my feelings for you. Our love has grown deeper with each passing year. When we got married seven years ago, we were young and in love. We didn't know what the future would hold, but we were excited and confident that whatever it was, we would do it together. And we have! But it hasn't always been easy. When I think back to our wedding day I think about how full of hope and love and excitement we were. I think of how we envisioned our lives--and there was nothing hard about it! We were so naive! We had no idea!


What I love most about you is how grounded you are. That in the midst of turmoil in our lives, I can lean on you and feel comfort and safety in your arms. You are my rock, you are my safe place. I can trust you with my life, the lives of our children, my crazy feelings, my fears, my dreams. And you are worthy of that trust.


As I look back over the past seven years, I smile over the joys we've experienced and tears well up as I think of the hard times. But it's been a beautiful life. I like to think that the joys we experience are made that much sweeter by the difficulties we've faced. We've been through so much together--we've traveled to new places, bought and sold homes, adopted and trained pets, diligently worked on improving the business, had three amazing, beautiful children, dealt with PPD (and won!), accepted Jesus Christ and made it our mission to follow Him, began Bible college, dealt with stressful extended familial issues, hosted our best Korean boy, gone through preschool and now gradeschool with our kids, worried about, loved and cared for our children in each stage of their lives so far, moved our family and dealt with the 'tenant' heartbreak where we've grown in our faith individually, as a couple and as a family. I'd like to say that we always did it perfectly, but that wouldn't be true. But we have always approached each situation together, as a team. And when feelings have been hurt we have apologized and made things right in our relationship.


Today, on our anniversary I realize that we are once again completely unaware of what the next ten years may hold. But as we continue to walk down that road I know that we will be together and you will be right there holding my hand as we walk through the valleys and reach the beautiful mountaintops. And I couldn't imagine my life any other way. Truly.


I love you and respect you now more than I ever have.
 
All my love,
Shell

3 comments:

Kristin Chandrasena said...

Happy Anniversary Justin and Shelley! :) Love this post and the reflection of great love. I am evermore encouraged and motivated to live life fully and completely, as if it were my last. Thank you for posting and sharing as you've added to my inspiration in life. Many blessings to you both!

<3 Kristin

Mandy said...

That's beautiful Shell. Happy Anniversary!

Mandy said...

Oh, and your pictures turned out great! You're so photogenic.