Good Morning Lauren bug!
I can hardly believe that you are SIX years old today!
You're only six but somehow in your childlike way, you teach me the deep, real things of life; the things that matter…. Selflessness. You're an incredible share-er. You are always teaching your little sister how to speak kind words, how to treat other kindly by calmly and patiently explain how we do things in our house. You are beyond gentle, tender and patient with Megan. And you're always looking out for your Jake, inviting him to play animals with you, or encouraging him to keep practicing when he gets discouraged with something.
You love bugs and dirt and all things nature-y and you could care less about princesses, Barbies and dolls. You love to draw and craft and make things. Just the other day, you were at your desk for an hour and then you came out to show us the ‘paper puppy’ you had made complete with cups as legs, drawn on eyes and nose, and a paper tail that wagged. A few times a week you bring home something on which you’ve printed “I love you mommy and daddy, Love Lauren,” or a portrait of our family. I must have hundreds of these by now and I keep them, knowing someday you won’t be quite this into me, and this is proof that I was once one of your favorite people :)
If you ask your family, friends or teachers what you like most in this world, everyone (and I mean everyone) would say you love animals best. You are absolutely in love with animals of all kinds, but dogs and cats hold a special place in your heart. You are forever doting on Milo and Chloe, and when they’re too lazy to snuggle with you, you are more than happy to love on one of your bazillion stuffed animals. You have all kinds, but your Beanie Babies are constant companions, accompanying you to Show and Tell days, to the Dr’s office, to sleepovers, etc… You cannot get enough of animals, real and pretend.
You are the quirky one of the bunch. You are constantly singing silly songs, and making up wacky dance moves. Of course, you would NEVER show these dance moves off to friends or people other than your immediate family because you’re pretty shy, but thankfully daddy and I are always welcome to watch you perform these ‘shows’ of yours. And speaking of quirky, let’s talk about your sense of style. Stripes go with stripes, and polka dots go with stripes and it’s perfectly sensible in your world to wear tennis shoes with a dress. Your cowgirl hat, vest and boots usually make an appearance at least once throughout the day and you find no shame in dressing as if you’re on your way to a rodeo. You definitely have your own fashion sense and your daddy has to remind me daily that your clothing choices are not battles worth fighting for :)
You are also our little Bible scholar. You eat up all of the things they teach you at your school and come home to stump your mom and dad. I still remember when you talked to me, out of nowhere, about the three sons of Noah. Shem, Ham, and Japeth to be exact. I had no idea what their names were, but there you went, knowing the whole story. You still like to complete the bible stories before we finish talking about them. You know God’s word better than any six-year old I know, and I love you for that.
You're, by far, the most sensitive one in our family, with a quiet and calm demeanor. Most of the time you are pretty easy to parent; every day I thank God for sending me such a teachable, compassionate, and honest girl. I am supposed to be raising, inspiring and encouraging you, but often times I find it is the other way around. It’s humbling at times. However, you have a tender heart that feels from the deep parts; you take after your Mama in this. Sometimes I struggle to know how to speak to your heart but I have sought God fervently this past year about the two of us and I know that He's got us both in His mighty hands. He's opened my eyes to so many of the gifts He's placed in you this year. You're awesome at being the hands and feet of Christ- you are always willing to encourage, uplift and lend a helping hand to people in need, whether it’s a sibling, a classmate, or a homeless person. You exemplify Christ and you have no idea that you're doing so. I LOVE that about you.
I pray with all my heart that this the way your heart will always be. I pray that you will never forget that you are fearfully and wonderfully made, that what makes you beautiful is that He created you just the way He wanted you to be for His glory. You are His precious treasure and He has blessed your daddy and I beyond words in giving us a daughter like you.
You continue to stump me, challenge me, delight me, and make me fall in love with you all over again, every single day. You are responsible for more than a few gray hairs on my head, and I wouldn’t give them up for a minute. 6 years ago today, you made me a Mom. You changed my life. Thank you, Sweetie. You're all I could have hoped for.
I love you my SIX year girl!
Mom



0 comments:
Post a Comment