I'm seriously late on posting Christmas pictures, and believe me, I have a lot more, but I'm just going to post the basics because otherwise I would never get caught up :)
Anyway, we woke up Christmas morning and sat around the tree reading the story of Jesus' birth in the Bible. Then we prayed and thanked Jesus for his birth, and prayed that we would have grateful hearts and that we'd be appreciative of the gifts we had picked out for them. The kids asked to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus (we hadn't panned on it but we were more than happy to oblige) and then we had a quick breakfast before opening gifts. I made yummy cinnamon rolls and bought special cereal (Fruit Loops; it's too sugary to have around so I got this as a special treat and they were probably more excited about this than the presents, haha!)
As usual, we gave three gifts to each child like the Wise Men gave Jesus. Lauren's large gift as this pretty cool desk with tons of crafts and craft supplies... it was the best gift because she has already spent countless hours at that thing ;)
Jacob's big gift was this CD player... he wanted to play music in his room.
They gave each other special small gifts they had bought for one another:
and then we opened up the remaining gifts:
(Yes, there were more than three gifts each because a couple of grandma's sent gifts and we opened them that morning).
It was a beautiful Christmas morning. This was only the second Christmas that we collectively spent more time praying and concentrating on Christ's birth than the gifts. And it was an amazing thing ;)



0 comments:
Post a Comment