Sleep deprivation, a bazillion diaper changes, preparing meals and snacks for a couple of very picky children, endless laundry, mucky floors littered with crumbs (again and again and again), bad hair days, nap and sleep routines that are ever changing, potty training, sore nursing boobs, challenging meal times, sibling rivalry, mundane days, after-pregnancy flab that doesn’t simply disappear, toddler tantrums and colic episodes.
All of which (and much, much more) squeezes every ounce of energy – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual – out of your aching body.
Raising three little ones under the age of four is challenging.
Some days it takes every. single. ounce of strength for me to whisper a desperate prayer, speak calmly, lay out peaceful activities and turn on some soothing music ….
But when all is quiet and I see my three beautiful little babies in their beds/cribs asleep, I remember that this is a calling from Him.
And I know….
I LOVE my growing family. I love the snuggles, the 'thank-you-Jesus-for-my-family' innocent children's prayers, mommy massages by tiny hands, 'I love you's' every single day, gummy baby gurgles and smiles, rolling-on-the-floor belly laughs, positive steps towards obedience and good habits, times of learning together, seeing faith develop in my children, this and that....
This is a significant something. I am investing in this. I am fulfilling a high calling. I am equipping them to be the people they are meant to be, whom I hope will bring Glory to Him. I haven’t seen the long-term rewards, but I can already see wonderful little things happening everyday. My efforts are yielding fruit.
And I feel so loved. And so blessed.
Since going out to a restaurant with a preschooler, toddler and infant isn't exactly what I consider fun these days, my big kids and I went and had a special Mothers Day breakfast while Miss Meg and daddy hung out at home :) |
And in addition to sleeping in, receiving some very sweet handmade cards, and a nap (alone!), my kiddos baked (and frosted!) a cake for me ;) |
Happy Mothers Day!



0 comments:
Post a Comment