I can't believe I have less than 14 days before I meet this little one (actually if I want, they'll induce me next Sunday if I'm not in labor by then so really it'll be less than a week!). Based on the amount of contractions and preterm labor symptoms I've had thus far, I was POSITIVE this was going to be a January baby. But clearly this baby takes after Jake and I.... stubborn ;)
Anyway, for comparison sake, here's the belly a month ago and today:
Um yeah, I feel as huge as I look.
How far along: 38 weeks
Sleeping: It's difficult to sleep anymore, but I'm trying to enjoy as much sleep as I can get because I know it's short lived ;)
Total weight gain: 30ish lbs (I have lost 2 lbs in the past 2 week though!)
Movement: This is the movin-est, active baby I've ever had. It's constant and now that there's so little room left, you can actually see limbs poking out. Crazy.
Food craving: Nothing really; nothing sounds good anymore.
What I miss: To be honest, I'm ready to have my body back. I'm done feeling exhausted and sore all the time.
What I look forward too: Cuddling with our new baby.
Milestones: At my last OB appointment on Wednesday, I was 4 cm's dilated, 70% effaced and baby was"engaged". I'm not quite sure what s/he is waiting for, but clearly labor's on the horizon!
How I'm feeling: As excited as I am to have baby here, I'm worried about labor. I know there's a window of opportunity for getting the epidural, and that ends at 7 cm's. Seeing as how I'm at 4 cm's already, I'm scared to death that I won't make it to the hospital in time to have the epidural before I reach 7 cm's. I distinctly remember the excruciating pain I felt while waiting for the epidural with Lauren and I never, ever want to experience that again. So, say a prayer for a healthy baby... and for an epidural, would ya? ;)
Sunday, February 6, 2011
38 weeks!
Posted by Shell at 2/06/2011
Labels: baby Brownie, Pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Shelly, you look beautiful!! ♥♥♥
I agree with Tami. You're beautiful! :)
I just heard that you're in labor. I'm praying for you guys. I can't WAIT to hear the news!!
Post a Comment