Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday happenings

You know you're getting old when your "parties" resemble this:


Yep, no beer, no smoke, nothin' illegal...just a few guys drinking Slurpee's and watching The Bourne Supremacy (or one of those dumb guy movies) with the cat. Yeah, this is what our night consisted of tonight. Justin, Tom and Luis all hung out and watched this dumb movie and indulged in typical man food....mac n' cheese, Pasta Roni and Cheeseburger Macaroni. And because I was too lazy to cook for them and because they were too impatient to make it themselves, they ate all three of these "entrees" from boxes...and I'm sure their arteries are lovin' the sodium content in those bad boys ;)

And when the food is gone and there are crumbs left on the plates, where else do you expect men to put their plates? Surely you wouldn't think the sink...nah, that would be too difficult to get your butt off the sofa, walk a few feet into the kitchen and place your dishes in the sink (I wouldn't even dream about them putting them in the dishwasher!). Nope, when you have 3 lazy guys and a begging, pleading dog, this is where the plates end up:



Uh huh, on the floor. Niiiice! Supposedly this is "helping" me because Casey eats the big pieces and so I don't have to prewash them before they enter the dishwasher but I'm not falling for that dumb line. But after the three went to get me up some delish California Rolls AND a macho tasty Coke Slurpee, it's hard to nag them. So in the meantime, Casey gets lucky!

While Daddy was at work today, Miss Lauren and I hung out and did our thang. We went to the mall and people-watched for a bit and then came home and had lunch with Aunt Judith at CoCo's, where Lauren was totally hamming it up for anyone and everyone who would watch her silly antics. She blew bubbles, made raspberries all over my meal, banged on the table, screeeeeeched loudly at the poor woman sitting behind us, flirted with a child that sat nearby, the list goes on and on...And being the awesome Aunt that she is, Lauren was told over and over what a good little girl she was. Ha!!! :)

When we came home from CoCo's, Miss Piddle Pot decided that Tessa looked like she needed a hug. So she squished her and squeezed her and layed on her, all while Tessa sat there at took it.


She's such an amazingly patient cat, except for when Lauren decided that she needed to be smooched. After being gummed and slobbered on, Tess sauntered away, leaving Miss Piddle with a mouthful of delicious, edible cat hair. Yum!


Overall, my day turned out pretty good. I still had alot of sad moments thinking about Bunnies and I miss her somethin' fierce, but I try to think about just how lucky I was to be blessed with 2.5 years of her. She was a remarkable girl and as much as I miss her, I'm pretty sure she's living it up in Heaven....and getting spoiled rotten as usual :)

0 comments: